Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

8/31/15 Week 76



Showing off our "gift of tongues"

Deep breath in..........still holding it........and out.....sigh........wow.  It's really the end.  Now where to begin? Ok I know I'm probably being a little dramatic, but coming home from your mission is like one of those landmark things that you never forget in life!...wedding, childbirth, mission, ya it's a pretty big deal! So I'll come back to all the reminiscing sappy stuff at the end, but for now I'll tell you a little bit about my last week as a full time servant of our Lord.
Melissa
 

Sis Strasser
Tuesday - last district meeting, lots of testimony bearing, and we went to the house of one former investigators and it turns out she is SUPER prepared!  The only reason why she didn't get baptized earlier was because she wasn't married, but now she and her boyfriend are separated and she wants to find a place for her kids and a church that "fills the gap in her heart". She pretty much quoted Preach my Gospel.

Wednesday - exit interview with President Ames up in Euless and that pretty much lasted all day.  Wow.  Real life is coming.  There is a lot about marriage I didn't realize until now. That is literally all we talked about for 45 minutes! He said "On Thursday, who knows, you might get invited to an institute dance, where you might actually have to touch a boy!" "Ahh too soon President!".  Haha but really though, the council he gave was so inspiring.  I have to be at the level of the person I want to be with.  That is something that he really emphasized.  So true.  After that interview I left just feeling so full of God's love, and excitement for the future!

Thursday - last weekly planning session.  Oh how sad... but then we went out with the Coronas and had a lesson with Hazel and Jorge.  I love them.

Friday - service at the soup kitchen.  We made about 200 BLT's and then of course I was put in charge of dishing out the chocolate covered cheesecake...resist!! Anyways, that was tons of fun. But I think maybe a bit too much because I completely lost my voice! It felt like daggers were stabbing me every time I had to talk.  I never realized how essential having a voice is as a missionary until I didn't have one! So I had to take an oath of silence the rest of that day...it was really hard! I had to break it that night when we went and taught Din's husband and found out his whole history of being a member, getting the priesthood, going to the temple, everything.  It was amazing. He will come back, but it's not his time right now.



Saturday we got to see all of my favorite people! We had lunch with the monsoon, taught Din, Idalia y Juan, Celia, and helped la familia Strasser decorate the church for a wedding reception (but mostly we just stood around and talked cuz there was nothing to do...)

Sunday was emotional, but not really as bad as I thought.  That is the one plus about my short six weeks in Denton is that I didn't really get super close with all the members.  There were definitely a few goodbyes that were kind of hard.  We later went for a family dinner with the Strassers. We had a good Texas BBQ and there were like 20 of us! All her sons told me and prepared me for the upcoming weeks, and all the awkwardness I will feel, and how awesome it was to sit and watch TV...haha! They are a family I am really going to miss:)  Tonight we have "a day in the CCM" with the Rodriguez and the Cuevas family! 11 ninos! Ahh wish us luck!

Parting gifts - I love it!!!
They have a family tradition of giving the missionaries a Disney doll that they have common traits with

Dinora...I'm all smiles when I'm with her  :)
Well. It's been real yall.  Now just one last thing left to do... I couldn't feel complete with my mission unless I close by sharing with you all my most valuable possession I have gained on my mission: my testimony of our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ.  I know with all my heart they are both real.  Before I would just pray because I knew it's what I should do, but now I pray because I need to. I know He is listening, even on those days that I feel like I'm just talking to my mattress.  I know I am His daughter.  This experience has really helped me gain perspective, to really understand the why behind everything we do in this church. It's all a part of the perfect plan that He created for us.  All of those things that we may or may not do every day that He has asked of us are slowly shaping us, helping us to reach our divine potential.  It is a process called repentance:)  Repentance isn't just a list of boxes to check off.  It is a change of heart, behavior, and character.  That is how we become more like our Savior, and as a result live happier, fuller lives! I know that is true! I know they love each and every one of us. For that reason they called Moses, Abraham, Nephi, Joseph Smith, Moroni, Brigham Young, Thomas S. Monson and so many more prophets to remind us that constantly! :) Everything I've been taught my whole life finally makes sense. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Gods kingdom on the Earth today.  This is His work and He labors with his missionaries.   I love this church, this gospel, my covenants, my family, and this work. This is truth! And I share these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

con amor - Hermana Bonny Alma 26
Familia Monzon

1 comment: