Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Monday, August 18, 2014

8/18/14 Week 23


The beautiful Botanical Gardens



Yesterday Jenny and Eric got baptized!  HOORAY!!  She is 10 and he is 8, and they are 2 kids that really grew on me.  I'm not gonna lie, at first I had a harder time loving them.  The feeling was mutual because initially they DID NOT want to meet with us, but then as time went on, we got to know them well and they really warmed up to us!   I'll never forget our lesson last week when we were walking out to our car after the lesson, Jenny ran out of her house, gave us hugs and said "I love you."  Awww!  And this is coming from the same girl who would say "Missionaries! Hide!" when we were knocking on the door and they thought we couldn't hear them.  It just goes to show that if you just spend time with someone, love will connect you….and everyone wants to be loved:)   Cheesy but so true!  These were my first baptisms and Hna Black's last (sniff sniff..I try not to think about it).


Jenny
In other news....I'm going to be training!!!  AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm more than a little nervous.....actually when President Ames called me I about had an aneurism.  So yep, Wednesday I get to go pick up my little greenie who won't know any Spanish (gulp).  Any prayers for the Spanish speaking ability of my greenie would be much appreciated. 


New Trainers and District Leaders

On the plus side I did get to go to an awesome leadership and training meeting on Friday!  It was so spiritually awesome! And then afterwards our ride got lost so we got to hang out at the church with President and Sister Ames for an hour, so I can't complain:) They are the most amazing people ever! 






 
Sorry, I know my picture looks kind of evil.  Thankfully Hma Black stayed classy.
 

It's been a pretty crazy week just trying to get everything ready for next week, and watching Hna Black pack up all her stuff …I'm still not going to talk about it:'(  If her family ever reads my blog,  I just want them to know that Hna Black is literally one of the most amazing people I know!  Her testimony and her positive attitude about everything, really set the perfect tone for what I needed for my mission, and is exactly what our investigators needed also!  She is the kind of missionary I want to be in a year.  So thanks for raising an awesome daughter/sister.  Oh and thanks for feeding her super strange healthy foods that she could share with me to help fix my horrible Nutella diet:)  

We can fly!!
  


So it looks like I'm officially going to be staying here in Fort Worth hasta Noviembre. Woot Woot!  The work keeps rolling along:) Love all of you tons! 

 love Hna Bonny



District jump photo fail

No comments:

Post a Comment