Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

1/26/15 Week 46



As some of you may know, I am now currently 20 years old as of yesterday! Wahoooooooo!  I'm so old!  Actually I did wake up today with a new back ache....ah! Anywho.. so my comps couldn't decide what to do to celebrate my birthday.  They were actually making it more complicated then it needed to be because really all you need to do is make me a waffle and call it good, but they went all out.  I have the best comps ever!!!  They woke me up at 6 by attacking me in bed and when I got up and opened the door to go into the kitchen and I was about hit in the face by numerous donuts hanging from the ceiling! Then they announced that in honor of my cupleanos we were going to have an epic donut eating competition! So we gobbled them down without using our hands!  Haha - it was a great way to start the day.
Devouring dangling doughnuts without hands  - The dry and unhealthy version of bobbing for apples!

Other than that, I went to church, got some great Mexican birthday brazos (definitely better than gringo hugs), and then taught a freakin AMAZING lesson to our investigators from Guatemala!  It was one of those where it's so hard to keep my mouth closed because the spirit is just throwing sooo many things in there that they need to hear.  It was awesome!

All I really wanted on my bday was to have an investigator at church, and to have a super spiritual lesson …and both happened! Yippee :)  Another great thing about my birthday is… that the celebrating is still not over!  Today I'm about to seriously embarrass my zone leader by eating more pizza then him at Cici's! Muahaha! He really didn't know what he was getting into when he challenged me!

That's A LOT  of candles.  Holy Cow, I'm almost half my mom's age!
 As far as the work goes, WE SET A BAPTISM DATE! Yaya!! This area seriously has SOOO much stinkin potential its crazy! The date we set is with a young mom that told us she wants have the spirit in her life all the time the way she felt it when we taught about Joseph Smith. Talk about being prepared…!  The only problem is...sigh....she's currently breaking la ley de castidad :(   But I have faith in her.  Our investigator Raul came to Church yesterday.  He loves the people at church and feeling the spirit, but he still doesn't get why his other baptism wasn't valid.

I don't have time to describe all of the awesome experiences we had this week! Ok so when I get back ask me about the lesson where Raul cried, and the miracle of Abel and Liliana. I promise I will give you all the details!  We are hoping and praying that if all goes as planned this week, we could have as many as 4 or 5 baptismal dates set! There is so much to do and so many prepared people here in my new area :)  Quite a contrast from my old area.

I have a HUGE testimony that when we follow the spirit, miracles happen:) we couldn't do this work without it! LOVE YOU! 

<3 Hermana bonny

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. I love these girls. (Meaning Sierra and Zanna. :) haha) Crazy that they both had Hna Beckstead as a companion. Such a small world. Sierra is darling and she sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I didn't know about Sierra's blog until now, but to her I say Happy Birthday girlie! It sounds like she is a wonderful missionary and is having a great time serving the lord!

    ReplyDelete