Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

1/6/15 Week 43





Wow, I'd better be a pretty flippin awesome person when  I get home! Want to know why?  When you are a missionary, the term "New Years Resolution" has a completely new meaning! Thinking back on my pre-mission life as a normal human, I remember I set basically the same New Years goals every year: Get straight A's and don't get fat. I would work on them for like 2 weeks, then put them in my designated junk drawer and then forget about them just like 99% of society.  

Well, as a missionary, we have none of that!   At the beginning of December, President Ames challenged us to fast so that we will be able to think of good goals to set for the coming New Year, to really pray and take a good look at who we are and who we want to be.  Then last week we all fasted as a mission so that we will be able to be more consecrated, and be able to actually set meaningful goals to help us become the most powerful missionaries/awesome people EVER!  Man....my brain is literally sore from all the introspection that has been going on this past week.

Anyways so long process/story short, Hna Mango and I have now cleaned out all the junk from our minds and apartment, and are sooo stoked to be the better missionaries and people!  We are going to baptize this transfer! ...we aren't quite sure who at this point...we have lots of people to teach but nobody that is really is making any changes and progressing.  BUT we are working sooo stinkin hard! Like for reals, I'm ALWAYS exhausted!

William kind of told us last night that he actually has no ganas to change churches, he was just meeting with us because we are pretty girls. We decided to drop him.  It's sad but it's not….another long story. Anyways, we have been WORKING SO HARD!  I have never worked this hard before on my mission, I'm always exhausted!  But because of the experience of another sister in this mission, I've just been constantly singing the words to the song "Praise to the Man" where it says "SACRIFICE BRINGS FORTH THE BLESSINGS OF HEAVEN'.  We are putting it ALL in and I can't wait to see really what God can do with me.  :)   There is much we don't know, but we know that one way or another we are going to see some serious miracles this month. 

We had a loco New Years Eve.  We followed the white handbook and went to bed at 10:30 Wahoo!  BUT I decided to make things exciting so I set my alarm for 11:59. But when it went off I was too tired to do anything crazy so I just said…

      "Hermana Mango."
       No answer.
      "Hna Mango!"
      "What..." 
      "Happy New Year"
       "Ok"
       Then we went back to sleep.

Pretty crazy right?? Haha but actually earlier that night was awesome because we happened upon a New Years party with a Guatemalan family and they let us right in, fed us delicious banana nut bread, and pulled up chairs because they wanted us to teach them! Turns out they had all been investigating in Guatemala and just went to a temple open house and want to learn more!! :) Sooo awesome! We are going to start teaching the ones that live here next week.  Haha.  they lied to us like 4 times that all the food we were eating had coffee in it.  They obviously are familiar with our church! It was hilarioso!

I love you all so much! I know that if you want more in your life all you have to do is give more to God.

 Love Hermana Bonny

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given us"
-Gandalf

No comments:

Post a Comment