Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Sunday, July 19, 2015

7/15/15 Week 69



I was gonna start out with "Wow! This week was amazing!" (like always)  but then I took a self searching second and realized that, while it is true that every week as a full time servant of the Lord is amazing, this week was pretty average in comparison...  now you are all thinking "well great now this is going to be a boring email!"  My response is, you try writing like 75 interesting emails, week after week!



So the week started off with the Zone Leaders calling us the night before and asking us to give training at zone council...oh elders! But it was all good, we talked about how important it is to get out of our cars and mix up the daily routine so we can be more in contact with the people and "find those perishing in unbelief"  I TOTALLY have a testimony of that.  And not only because I like riding my bike and getting a tan (which might be a little true..)  But that night they called us we had just gotten back from biking, where we had just happened upon this awesome guy named David that we totally would have missed if we would have been in our cars.  Another great referral for the dang English speaking missionaries! grrr...#spanishmissionarylife. 
We got some new mates this week. Fish, Pez and Cado



So we've been working tons with la familia M, (the awesome family that just found us!) but long story short, we talked with this member family who by not-so-coincidence knows them, and we found out that they totally got anti-ed hardcore last year by one of their friends who had left the church, and she was telling them all these lies about things that go on in the temple.  So now especially the dad has all these doubts.  But if you think about it, it's kind of a miracle in itself that they even wanted to meet with missionaries again after the things that they were told! The next day we were on exchanges and I went to go see them with sister Smith (she's in her 3rd week).  We started teaching Lesson 1 and daaaaang, they throughout like every anti question under the sun!  "Wasn't Joseph Smith that guy that killed himself?"  "Didn't your prophets have lots of wives?"  "I thought that the bible said that men can't look at God or else they die?"  Nothing I hadn't heard before, but still all in one lesson!?  Ahh! I was exhausted afterwards!  And its so weird, because normally I would just think, "Man this family has tons of doubts, maybe they just aren't ready yet..." but they asked these questions like they really want to know! There's just so much to the story that I wish I had time and desires to type out.  But the mom had come so close to getting baptized last year, right until her friend told her that stuff.  This family knows its true. They have felt it I know it!  There have been waaaay to many coincidences that placed us and other members in their path.  God just gave us a challenge! 
I love this work and I love all of you!
 
"The best feeling ever is when you get a spiritual prompting and then ACT ON IT!"  -an apostle (I forgot which one.)  But I second that!  If you want to be happy, follow the spirit!  Until next week!

Hermana Bonny 

No comments:

Post a Comment