Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Sunday, March 23, 2014

3/20/2014 Week two

 CCM is the Spanish version of MTC. It means Centro de Capacitacion Misional



Basically week 2 sooooooooo much better than week 1!!!!!  I love it here! like seriously!:):)  I'm actually starting to understand the language and stuff! yippee!  I'm not even a teeny bit homesick...no offense;)  haha basically if you are worrying about me, don't because I'm so much better than before! 
Basically on a scale of 1 to 10 week 1: -3, week 2: 12!!!   I LOOOVE MY MISSION!!! now that my brief and unpleasant brush with jail and mission shock is far behind me, I love life!!:):)  here's why.
1. They have the BEST lollipops here that only cost 10 cents!
2.  I get to be surrounded by the cutest most righteous missionaries all the time! district 15B "dream team"  they're dorks. 
3. I have the best companion/housemates ever!  h. Jensen, h. Coats, h. Olsen are all weird, love singing for no reason and laughing awkwardly! Its an understatement to say we get along great!
4. I lost 5lbs on my Nutella and Frosted Flakes diet.  Someone tell me how that works....but ya the meat here is kind questionable.  haha. One crappy thing (no pun intended) about having someone to always be with is that when the food makes them sick, i also get to spend the better half of my day in the bathroom with them...yay.
5. I don't ever have to do my hair because I don't have to worry about attracting anyone for over a year! So much less stress...ahhh
6.  Costco pizza night every Tuesday. Enough said.
7. I  get to teach the gospel and be surrounded by it everyday! I know it sounds cheesy but really there is such an amazing spirit here!  Its so rare!  The happiness you feel when your on a mission in unlike anything I've ever felt before!  You just have so much more love for everything and everyone!


8.  Me and my comps got called to be the hermana leaders of our zone, which basically means nothing besides now we are the ones who get to tell everyone else "I promise it gets easier if you just make it to Sunday" haha its fun though:)
9.  We get to pretend like we are in the Hunger Games!  Because apparently fireworks and some explosives of all kind are legal here....ya sketchy right?  So every time a cannon goes off we all whistle and kiss our three fingers!  Every time I do it it makes me think of Aubree! haha!  
 

I found a new favorite scripture that pretty much describes the missionary I'm gonna be.  2 nephi 7.11 "Behold all ye that kindle fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks, walk in the light of ayour fire and in the sparks which ye have kindled. bThis shall ye have of mine hand— be the best."  

No comments:

Post a Comment