Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Sunday, March 30, 2014

3/27/2014 Week Three


So basically this week has been pretty eventful...along with having Christmas (aka getting a package), teaching 3 AWESOME lessons, and a very, very awkward one over Skype (not our fault), I also had time to grow a zombie, choreograph a routine to As Sisters in Zion, and voyage through space on the Enterprise.  I love our Elders! haha!

Sis Bonny - Awkward as always
 
I know I say this every time, but this week has seriously been sooooooo awesome!! Every week just keeps getting better and better!  I have no idea how I’m going to leave these people in 2 1/2 weeks!  Its weird, I feel like I was born here, like I have no recollection of my life before this....did any of you actually exist?... or are you just all imaginary friends I have?  I don’t even know anymore!  Just kidding, I love all of you ...but I seriously am having amnesia or something!

Well the Spanish is actually coming along, at least I think it is until I try to talk to someone who isn’t my teacher, then I just laugh and say "si",  it usually works:)  I can read pretty well, but understanding when they are talking a million miles per hour is a very different story.  Pray for me!  But really, the gift of tongues is real!  Who would have thought that in 3 weeks I could teach an entire lesson all in Spanish and feel the spirit at the same time?  It’s crazy awesome! 



Other than that I can pretty much sum my life up in one word…CLASS.   Yup my day is class, eat, class, eat, class, eat, class, bed.   It’s very stimulating.   Learning to love learning has been pretty hard for me, because as most of you know, I’ve never really been the one to say "OK let’s focus guys!"  I’m still definitely not there yet....but now that I’ve been able to see how much better my life goes when I do what I’m supposed to and pay attention in class (also sooo hard for me!), its definitely getting better:)  


My daily routine goes like this - After personal study, I have one class in the morning with Hermana Munoz, and we usually have an hour long lesson on conjugations.  Then we end and teach Lino, our fake investigator that never keeps his commitments!  Terd.   Then we usually have a Book of Mormon class or a lesson on something gospel related, always in Spanish of course:)   Then its lunch!  After lunch we go to T.A.L.L. (technology assisted learning something) soooooooo booooooorrrrriinggg!! We just sit on computers for an hour and do boring worksheets, while I try to keep my eyes open! Then after T.A.L.L. we have language study, where our district usually gets creative and plays some sort of game (totally my idea).  I’ve now played Balderdash, Jeopardy, Apples to Apples and the Story Game all in Spanish:)  

After that it’s gym time.  My district and another district that has a bunch of our friends in it always play volleyball… sand volleyball.  It’s super fun!!  I get into it, even though everyone knows I stink.    
Typical breakfast - FAT

Sometimes I take a break and go running with Hermana Tate. We usually just go run around the track.  It’s alright, but this morning we ran around the campus!  So fun and  a good workout:)   I miss working out in the mornings!  Mom I’m fighting not getting fat sooo hard, but they make it almost impossible!   There’s an unlimited bar of peanut butter, Nutella and toast with every meal! Urg! My 2 favorite things! And every Tuesday night is pizza night and they sell the best candy in the store for like half a cent.  Then there are the elders who always have these chocolate chip cookie thingies (chokis) that they love sharing with us.  There’s pretty much no avoiding gaining weight here!

Anyways, after gym we have planning, then dinner, and then we have our night class with Hermana Dominguez.  She whips us into shape!   Hermana Dominguez is awesome but in a very different way than our other teacher, and she’s very pregnant!  I think she doesn’t think our jokes are very funny sometimes, but that's OK.  Most of the teachers and the people here are super chill…minus the President and his wife, they are intense!!  Every time Sister Pratt is talking with a missionary you know it’s because she’s telling them something is wrong with their outfit!  

After our last class my awesome district sings some hymns and we go back to our casas and let our weirdness out!  Then it’s bedtime…the end:)
Hermana Jensen - love her!!
Things are going much better with Hermana Tate and its totally shown in our lessons!:)  Its awesome!  So life here is pretty much great! Its weird because I feel like I didn’t even have a life before this!





I love my cute family!:)  The package was da bomb! Yup I really just said that.  I was pretty much on a ring pop high that whole day!  If you ever have any weird, slimy, bouncy, or stretchy toys that look like they would be fun for a 3 year old, then send them! por favor:)  

This is our District mascot.  We grew him, 600% bigger!










Ok, so last random thought...do I look like a platypus?   Hermana Jensen and I thought of animals one day for all the elders (hehe) and then they decided to return the favor and...PLATYPUS???  I’m pretty sure that’s the ugliest creature in the whole animal kingdom!



The church is sooo true!! just so you all know:)
Lots and lots and lots of love
Hermana bonny!  


No comments:

Post a Comment