Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Monday, October 27, 2014

10/27/14 Week 33



Last weeks mission conference with Elder Carden - Can you find me?? (click to enlarge)

So guess what???  I have a new home! Yipeeeeeeee!!  After almost 8 months living in a cockroach infested apartment, you forget how good you could have it.  We have so much more time to plan at night now that we don't have to spend it murdering cockroaches! FREEDOM!!! Ya...I'm a little excited about our new place.  But this week has been pretty stinkin exhausting trying to move and clean 6 years of gross cockroach/elder slime off of all our furniture.  And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna look like a muscled body builder after all of this hauling furniture, boxes, and bags up and down and up and down and up and down ... I really wish we were living on the bottom floor! Haha but hey I can't complain.

As far as the missionary work is concerned...this week it was a little harder because every day we were pretty exhausted from moving, but we really are seeing miracles with la familia Herchedes! We had a super duper awesome lesson with the mom on Tuesday and she started crying and telling us everything that has been going on.  It's amazing to see how the scriptures can really answer everyone's problems.  One thing I've learned - there is a scripture for everything!  Man I love those books, they sure do make our work easier!

Also, I was able to be an English speaking missionary for a day! …live in a mansion...eat burgers....sleep on a tempurpedic mattress....work out in a gym.....psh! Who needs that?  I'm not gonna lie, after that I knew I was called to serve Spanish speaking for a reason. I was seriously going on Spanish withdrawals by the end of the day! I missed my rice and beans.  The exchange was really good though.  I went with my Sister Training Leader to her area in Weatherford.  I love seeing the different ways that missionaries do their work and meet new people.  That is without a doubt one of my favorite parts about missionary work is meeting all the new and most of the time, very interesting people.  They crack me up! ...except for when they talk for 2 hours straight.  After limited time working on the English speaking side here, I officially understand the definition of a "Texas Talker"! Wo, Aubree if you are reading this I don't know how you do it!

Pday at the world famous Fort Worth Botanical Gardens;)
The work is still going well here. We have got 3 new families we're trying to teach.  They all are "used-to be- Catholics" but then they left that church because they decided it was false.  In other words…GOLDEN!  Yay!   Now the biggest challenge is finding them at home.  Wish us luck! 

THE CHURCH IS TRUE

love Hermana Bonny

No comments:

Post a Comment