Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

11/4/14 Week 34



I'm not gonna lie, I've been in Fort Worth for a VERY long time.  Sometimes it feels like I've been here my whole mission, and then I remember, oh yeah, I have been here my whole mission!  To be honest, I've been a little excited to move on…until this week happend....:)  We had some serious miracles! Like the kind that you always hear missionaries talking about, but you never really believe them.  Well guess what?  THEY HAPPEN, and amazingly in our case, all within a few days!

#1 - Our lunch cita canceled so we tried our backups and nobody was home.  It was like 2pm (aka dead-time) so we decided to open up our ultimate source and try some "formers". We just drove to the first name that stuck out to us, "Maria" - haha...Spanish speaking missionaries will get why that's funny:).  We knocked on her door and she answered and we had only just started with the small talk when she burst into tears and told us to come inside.  Then she was just hysterically crying (it was a little awkward..) but when she finally regained herself enough to talk, she told us all of these horrible things that are happening in her life right now and how she just wants to find peace somehow.  Ahhhh - PREPARED!   Basically we taught one of the most spiritual discussions EVER! And she's for sure coming to church on Sunday:)

 
Hotdog anyone?
#2- So we went to a house trying to find an Erika, but for some reason, when they opened the door the name Elsa came to my mind instead...so I said "Hola, esta aqui Elsa?", which got me a weird look and a "no" from Erica's 16 year old son.  Long story short  - we didn't teach Erika, but because I accidentally asked for Elsa, we decided to look for and actually found a person by this name in our magic book (I do love the movie Frozen..maybe that was it).  So we went to her house and on the way we talked with her neighbors who are currently going through a change of faith and want to meet with us again (sweet!).  But then when we got to Elsa's house she answered the door and we started talking, and then out of nowhere she started telling us how depressed she is, and that we should come in!  Uhh....ok. Hna Limon and I just gave each other that "lets just go with it" look.  So we sat down and she started explaining about how just 3 weeks ago her daughter committed suicide and how she wants to feel peace and know she will see her again.  Her story did kind of break my heart, but she, like Maria, is also very PREPARED. 

It pains me that these two people are just so sad.  But the great thing is that as missionaries we are pretty much holding the recipe for happiness in our hands at all times:)  Being able to share this message with people who I think are prepared enough for it to change their lives truly is a MILAGRO.

#3-Our famila Hernandez came to church so Itza is officially getting baptized!  Yayayayayayayay!!  I almost jumped out of my seat when I saw them come in.  I just love them SO MUCH! 

So many other amazing things have happened this week, but sadly I don't have time to write them all! It's just one of those weeks when I really just feel like Alma 26:12:) I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

LOVE  HNA BONNY:)

I've never been this excited about pengiuns!!

No comments:

Post a Comment