Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Saturday, November 22, 2014

11/20/14 Week 36


The new Dream Team!  Hermanas Lund, Bonny, and Mangelson



Hello Arlington!!  I've had my first transfer so finally feel like a full fledged missionary. Woot woot! And I LOVE it here!  I live like 6 minutes away from the Cowboys stadium, 7 minutes away from the Rangers stadium, and 8 minutes away from Six Flags amusement park... none of which is actually any fun when you are a missionary.  Really it just makes for TONS of traffic every Friday and Sunday! 

But seriously, Arlington is awesome! I don't even know where to start. My comps - Hna Mangelson is from Ohio, she's a runner, and a serious go getter.  She just got done being trained but she is seriously training me right now!  Sis Lund is a crazy, quirky, musical theater major who loves scaring the snot out of me!  Pretty much every time we walk into our house at night she grabs me and screams bloody murder because she thinks it's funny how I jump!  Anybody got any good ideas to get her back?  I seriously need something good..muahahaha!  I feel like I'm going to have lots of funny stories from this transfer!   Hermana Lund has an amazing testimony!

 



Contacting and teaching is a little strange though with a threesome. It has seriously felt like with the 3 of us, we just walk in, outnumber them, smack 'em with the spirit, then leave and they don't even know what hit them! Haha - having 2 comps is just a blessing! 

My apartment is sooo nice!  Its massive. There are three of us but still not one cockroach.  Yepee!  We are all tricked out with a gym and everything!  I feel so spoiled.

 Saying good bye in Fort Worth really stunk.  Tuesday, Brittany (our good friend in the YSA Ward who always came out with us) took us out for Greek food (: yummm, then Hermana Hernandez  invited us over for her famous tacos!  In most cases I’m not too fond of double dinners…but I couldn't say no.  And while we were there Itza wrote me the saddest/cutest note about not leaving right before her baptism.  It was heart-breaking  ):  I had been working with her family my whole mission to get them to come back to church.  Then Itza turned 9 and she became our investigator.  We were able to get the whole family on board with coming back to church so Itza could get baptized.  When I left they had been coming for a month straight!   Itza's baptism is this Saturday…I'm so stoked that its happening, its just really hard to not be able to be there.  But at least they are on their way to becoming an eternal family. Ahh! I love them!

Any ways, after that we went over to the Merinos who I hadn't even told I was leaving…ya that was really unfun!  Lots of hugs and tears.  Especially with Arleth.  She's like my sister!  Sniff, sniff  ):  But I can't WAIT to see the family's baptism picture on the slideshow at Zone Conference.  I know it will happen!

Ok, enough with the sad sappy goodbye stuff.  Arlington - This area has only been open for 1 transfer so we don't have too many investigators right now.  We have about 6 and there is SOOO much potential here!   This week has been pretty darn crazy just getting settled and getting a feel for how we all teach, and how it works best with a trio.

I've only met 2 of our investigators so far.   One is named William from Puerto Rico and I can't understand a thing he says!  Apparently it’s a thing there to leave off the last half of their works…ah!  He's going through a really hard time right now,  because his wife just died from cancer.  So now he's trying to understand where she's at.  We've definitely got answers for him.  The other investigator I've met is Daniel and we just found him my 2nd day here.  We were trying to see William, but he wasn't home so we knocked on a trailer and Daniel let us right in! Apparently he'd met with missionaries before…how 'bout that?    We then had the most powerful lesson on the restoration I've ever had on my whole mission!!  I can't even describe it in words.  Afterwards he said he wants to be baptized and gave us all his mom's info so we could go teach her.   It was honestly one of the best lessons on my whole mission, like a spiritual slap in the face!

In case you don't know me very well, I LIVE FOR WAFFLES!


We're also apparently working with a bunch of less actives!  Yay!  Hay un gran espacio en mi corazon para ellos!   I LOVE  the ward here! We have dinner lined up every night for the rest of the YEAR!  Man..oh I'm gonna get fat.  All the little girls in our ward call me Elsa, I think because I always wear gloves with my hair in a long braid (see pic), but I've convinced them that I have frozen powers!  Hehe!  I love ninas.
   
But seriously, based off of everyone I met yesterday this ward seems really into missionary work!  That is definitely something I'm not used to.  There are so many families helping the missionaries.  I wish I could tell you the specifics, but honestly right now there are so many new names, faces, schedules, houses, and life stories, my brain is going into overload mode so now I can't remember anything!  Seriously though, every time we drive up to someone's house (and I'm the designated driver....again), its "Ok, who is this?"  "Oh, it’s Alfredo, the Dad, who's meeting with us because he's a friend of Hno Jimenez, the one with the wife who's short with black hair. Remember?"  Ya, so far I've had like zero idea what's going on, but Hermana Magelson and I have just been going with it and the spirit has been making up for my poor melting brain!


love you all TONS!

LOVE HERMANA BONNY

No comments:

Post a Comment