Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

3/2/15 Week 51


We tried.

Do you want to build a snowman??  I did!  We had some more SUPER EPIC snow days this week!! As a missionary snow days are actually unbelieving boring...BUT we had some revelation:) Along with our snowman, we started making these little Spanish packets that we are going to start putting in all the Lewisville church buildings so that people know that "Hey! We actually have Spanish speaking missionaries!", and then they can tell their Hispanic friends about us and then we can convert them!  Hooray!  All it is it a little packet with pass-along cards, our number and "all the Spanish you need to know to be a missionary!"  So hopefully that project will be a success, we are pretty excited. We've already got 3 exchanges out of it!:)

Before the amazing ice storm of the ages occurred, I went to the first ever TEXAS FORT WORTH MISSION CHOIR PRACTICE!! wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When I got the email that we were going to have a mission choir, it was just another testimony that ya, God really knows me :)  We are doing some Easter performances I think and some other meetings and...ya, I don't even really know, I just show up and sing.  And I did get the only solo, so I AM STOKED!

You find interesting things when you clean out a missionary's apartment.
Now it's time for a few brief miracles!

MIRACLE #1- Tim is really awesome. He officially decided to get baptized! He is doing it in the YSA ward rather than ours, which is a little bittersweet, but what matters most is that he gets it done  :)   His family is really awesome too, but they have never really been interested in the gospel, but last week we were able to teach them a little about the Book of Mormon.  We gave them a copy and marked Moroni 10 and all that good stuff.  Then on Tuesday our appt cancelled and I felt super strong like we should go visit Tim's house.  We had just gone the day before and we hadn't planned anything to share, but I just felt like we couldn't go anywhere else! So we went and it turned out that Tim's dad who has NEVER been interested in the gospel had been reading the Book of Mormon and had TONS  of super awesome questions! :) We can't wait to start working with them!  We never would have known if we wouldn't have listened to the spirit.

MIRACLE #2- Yesterday was Fast Sunday, and 4 o'clock is always the hardest time for me to teach lessons! I love the spirit and all, but my body energy level is always at 0.  Yesterday I just felt sooo drained.  More than usual, and we were stopping by a cita with a less-active family who had never let us in once, and our only back-up was to go knock doors in the 34 degree weather for an hour until dinner. I just physically did not have that in me! But I'm not gonna lie, my faith that this family was actually going to let us in was super low.  So we parked in front of their house like we had done a million other times, just to drive away again 2 minutes later, and we just sat there.  I looked at Hermana Millet and she looked just about as drained as I was.  We just decided to pray and we asked Heavenly Father with all the energy of our hearts to please soften the hearts of the Mejias to let us in to teach them.  I really believe in tender mercies:) Yup, you guessed it!  For the first time all transfer they let us in to teach them:)

God is a God of miracles:) especially in the Texas fort worth mission! Love ya'll! :)

<3hermana bonny

Why is it so hard in life to stay away from junk food?

No comments:

Post a Comment