Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Monday, May 4, 2015

4/29/15 Week 59




I did a fair amount of cooking this week and learned to cook some amazing new Latino dishes! That's right family get ready to try Puerco/papas y chili con arroz and pollo tomatillo.  I know it probably doesn't sound super appetizing, but that's only cuz you don't know what it is, I promise its ricisimo!!:)

We are pro mexi-chefs
Ok so a few AWESOME things that happened this week: first off, Tanya is still doing so good with stopping smoking! She says she's been crocheting to help her. Anyways we had an amazing lesson with her during what we were sure was going to turn into a tornado!   We've been on intense tornado watch.  I want one sooo bad!!!...but not while we are riding bikes....that almost happened too.  Anyways so after Tanya we decided to go see this lady Carolina who was a former (?), and long story short, she is dating a Mormon who lives in Washington and she told us "well I guess if I'm going to marry a Mormon, I should probably be one.  When can we (she and her son) get baptized?"  Haha!  I wouldn't say that exactly counts as a broken heart and contrite spirit, but we can definitely work with it.  We set a date with them for the 24th of May.

I love my bike  -  Dad you would be so proud!

Another cool story: So for forever I've been having to go see this oral surgeon to get checkups on my  implant like every 3 months, and of course while we were there we would make small talk with the assistants there.  I didn't really think much of it.  I mostly just wanted to get out of there! But this week the Dr was running late so we started talking and the office manager brought up that she was actually baptized when she was a kid in Germany! What the?  Then she started talking about all of the good memories she had growing up in the church and how good she felt there, then the other secretary pops her head over and starts saying that she totally agrees, because she used to go with one of her friends when she was a teenager. They both were just going on and on about how much they love the Mormon Church and how boring the Catholic Church is...haha. Anyways then I got to bear testimony again about the awesome plan of salvation and that can make us so happy in this church! I would like to say that we then invited them to come back to church and now they are both meeting with the missionaries...but sadly after all that they both said that they just want to stay with their own church (even though it's boring...?).  BUT it does go to show that no effort is ever wasted.  I'm sure their time will come soon.

The famoso sushi buffet of Lewisville
Lastly we spent Friday morning cooking with one of the members to go and take a home cooked meal to one of our less-actives who lives in a teeeeny trailer and doesn't even have a place to shower! We made him a hearty Guatemalan chicken dinner and drove it up to him during (yet another) storm.  The smile on his face was priceless:) I know without a doubt that when ye are in the service of your fellow being ye are only in the service of your God :)   I love being a missionary!  This is God's church restored to the earth today through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know it with all my heart! les quiero mucho!

<3hermana bonny



 jerry quote: "hey i know a movie that has God in it. 

                   "oh you do??"

                    "ya. GOD zilla!"

haha love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment