Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Thursday, August 13, 2015

8/12/15 Week 73



I really just love life.  I love Denton. I love my companion. I love this gospel. I love my Savior.  I love the sun.  I love the Texas Fort Worth Mission.  I love our investigators. I love our ward.  I feel like I could just go on forever...do you ever have those times when your heart just feels like it is so full and you can't even think of a specific reason why? sigh.....OK I know I'm going maybe a little overboard with the sappyness...I promise I'll stop soon.....I feel like on the mission I've found a level of happiness that I've never really had before, for really no specific reason.  The longer I am out here the more I realize that the "no specific reason" is the spirit:) "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you." I really have a testimony of that verse.  If we want to feel happy, we need to ask our Father in Heaven...and then get off our butts and do his work! That's my spiritual thought for the day:) 



Well this week we saw PROGRESSION! What more can you ask for? This week we met Dinora, I think I wrote about her a little last week.  She is a cute young mom, who is just searching religions.  This week we ate dinner with her and Hermana Hernandez, and she literally asked us questions for like 2 hours. It was amazing! I looove questions! It shows that people are actually interested.  

We also met with Miguel.  He is this older guy that moved here from Puerto Rico, and is sad and looking for a church.  He has come the past 2 weeks and seemed to really like it! This week he asked us if he could be baptized! Wahoo! It is going to be a longer road for him since he can't read or write...but we set the date for Oct. 3rd.  The desire is definitely there and that's where it all starts. 

Hazel is still on for her baptism on Sept 3rd and she and her husband came to church on Sunday. Yayayay! She is so willing to do whatever the Lord asks even though her testimony isn't totally solid yet.  It's really inspiring! 

Idalia and Socorro are our other 2 main investigators.  Socorro is the friend of Hermana Gonzalez who just barley lost her husband and is now turning to God for help.  She was so happy after church last week! She has a 13 year old son who is autistic so she was scared for a while to come to church because she would have to bring him, and he can be kind of disruptive, but the ward was super cool to him! ...even though he did steal the gospel doctrine teachers marker out of his hand and start coloring all over his board.....haha it was a little funny..:)

Kevin is another investigator we found a few weeks ago.  We gave him to the YSA Elders and he came to church, but then he just stopped answering the elders calls and they had no idea what happened.  Well we were in the neighborhood so we decided to stop by and see if he was home.  The spirit totally led us to him! He was home and we had a great talk about everything that he was going through and we testified that if he puts God first in his life, all these other things will fall into place :)  The spirit was so strong!  We saw him yesterday at President Ames fireside and he looked like a different person! He had called the Elders, they had an awesome lesson, and he said he is preparing for baptism in October! Wow.  SUPER COOL experience.

The church is true.  I know it!  Joseph Smith was chosen as a prophet of God, and he translated the Book of Mormon.  I know we have a loving Heavenly Father who wants us to CHOOSE to come back to him.  Simply put - just keep the commandments and repent. That's it!  Great huh! :)   Have a fabulous week! Love you all! 



Hermana Bonny


No comments:

Post a Comment