Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Thursday, August 13, 2015

8/3/15 Week 72

This week was a very splendid week full of bliss and joy and lots of other great stuff!      I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE Denton!  Why must all good things be so short lived?  sniff sniff.  Anyways,  I've got some good missionary stories to tell so I guess I will just get right to it… 

So we are working with an investigator named I, and she hasn't really been progressing, but she had a some health problems that made it so she had to be hospitalized for a few days :(   We were surprised to get  a call from her on Wednesday morning that she wanted us to come over that night AND that she wanted a priesthood blessing!! Wo.  We freaked out a little!  So that night we brought the Elders and Hermano Huot with us and wow, they gave the most beautiful blessing! The spirit literally filled the room.  Then, 2 days later we stopped by to see how she was doing and (not to my surprise) she was up and about, cooking dinner, and said she feels tons better!  Priesthood  power works:)  Then Sunday she came to church and loved it! 

Yesterday was Fast Sunday in case you forgot.  If you did, then repent I guess.   I'm not gonna lie, fast Sundays have been pretty rough for me as a missionary.  I can't just take a nap until dinner!  But as I've progressed through my mission I've actually started almost looking forward to them (I said almost!) because it seems like every fast Sunday, we always have some sort of miracle.  Yesterday was no exception! So we had been specifically fasting to find people who are prepared to accept and act upon our message.  Our area really needs it right now.  So  it was about 6pm and our cita had canceled, so we decided to go contact some potentials in this trailer park.  yippee. The first house we knock on, this cute little pregnant lady smiles and says "Oh sisters come on in!"  we both gave each other a look of "no way!"  then went in and sat down.  Turn out the person's house we knocked on was Di, this lady that the elders had contacted who was super interested.  They had given us the referral and set up a cita for us Sunday night at 7.  We ended up calling her and rescheduling because we had already made plans Sunday night, but God knows how to get the work done that he wants!  He led us right to her Sunday night at 7, after our other appt canceled.   Does that make sense?  It was super cool because on the strength of our fast, our faith, and our hard work, God led us to this super prepared  person.

Other than that, this week we had interviews with President Ames, in our apartment! Weird, but awesome! We made friends with this awesome ex-convict at the food bank, and I even went back to good ole Lewisville with my amazing STL sister Taele.  haha that was also weird!  it was an amazing week!  sigh......I really love being a missionary.   I think the more time I spend out here the more it hits me how much God  loves each and every one of us.  Don't ever forget that! Love you! 

Hermana bonny
I LOVE THESE KIDS!



No comments:

Post a Comment