Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

9/9/14 Week 26





This week was a little bit on the strange side...seeing as how I can't account for pretty much any of what happened on Wednesday.  Haha - yep, we have the Word of Wisdom for a reason people! Drugs do STRANGE things to you!!  So I got my metal screw yanked out of my mouth on Wednesday and whatever drugs they gave me were INTENSE!  I have some brief memories of running around a self serve yogurt store, sampling all of the flavors and deciding it made sense to buy the largest tub I could and overload it with rainbow sprinkles because, according to Hna Limon I said they were "vewy pwetty".  I was pretty high.  Then the next thing I remember is waking up in the evening and freaking out because we were late for planning!  And also, I woke up for like 5 minutes so I could throw up all my frozen yogurt.  EEEEEWW!  

In case you can't tell, I'm pretty drugged.  Why else would I try to consume a metric TON of yogurt?!

So it was pretty exciting I guess....or just awful and strange.  But then Thursday it was back to work!:)  Yipeee!  And guess what?  We now have 5 baptism dates!  I'm REALLY praying hard that they will come through.  All of these people have the strongest faith and the strongest testimonies...just NO ganas para hacer nada (they don't act on it at all). I don't quite understand how someone could tell us that they feel the spirit and believe the church is true, but they don't want to read the scriptures. It just makes no sense! So if any of you fellow missionaries who actually have time to read this email have any advice in the "keeping commitments" area, it would be much appreciated:) 

The stress level of training is definitely going down.  We have more solid investigators and TONS to do!  This week was just a little hard on me physically.  My body feels exhausted all the time and I'm not quite sure what to do about that. Going from greenie to trainer has been an intense transition!  One of strangest parts has been the difference in my companions. Sis Black had a lot of mission experience and was very particular, quiet and reserved, but in some ways Hna Limon is like her opposite!  She's very open and talkative!  But she's super funny and we definitely have fun!  But the mission has taught me a lot about learning to have unity and work well with different personality types.  I'm also trying to work on being more bold with people.  I just have such a hard time saying things how they are because I don't want to offend anyone. I guess sometimes its just what they need to hear.
6 month sock burning party!  Woot, woot!

Cool, creepy story!! (But before you read you must promise to not judge me. Yes? Ok great you may proceed)   Last night I woke up at 3am and I just had this feeling like I should go check and see if the keys were on the counter...very strange and random thought to have at that specific hour.  Usually my thoughts when I wake up at that time are about whatever I've been dreaming about, which lately has been mainly Oreo milkshakes.  Anyways, I sat there for awhile but I just could not get back to sleep. I had to go check. So I did and they weren't there!  They were always there!  Then after some midnight searching I found them.  ha..still in the outside of the door (that's where the no judging part comes in).  I don't know what would have happened if I would have left them there all night, but all I know is that god really does protect his children:) 

Love ya'll! Until next week!



love Hna bonny 


No comments:

Post a Comment