Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Sunday, July 6, 2014

6/30/14 Week 16



AHHHHHH!!!  This was THE CRAZIEST week of my entire life!  Right now I seriously feel like the only thing that is holding my body together is my clothes!  That's a kind of morbid image, but you get what I mean.  I'M EXHAUSTED!  But when you are a missionary, that's a good sign:) 



 So to start off Hermana Black and I had the honors of being the first Sister/Spanish exchange that President Ames and his wife has ever gone on.  Yippee!  Talk about nerve-wracking.  We went to teach la familia Martinez who had a baptism date for June 28th but it wasn't looking good so we decided to pray for a miracle...and then guess what?!  We got an exchange with our Mission President!  I'd definitely count that as an answer to our prayers
President and Sister Ames- Selfie

. We go in and start our lesson, and it starts off good, but then we read a scripture about "bearing one another's burdens" and the mom bursts into tears.  She just cries and cries. It was a little awkward after a while, but then through her tears she chokes out that we brought up the reason why she hasn't talked to her husband about baptism yet.  She feels like a burden to him, because she's sick all the time (she has diabetes or some other systemic disease), and then President and Sister Ames saved the day!   He gave her a blessing and told her that God will give her the strength she needs to talk to him, and he knows he will support her and follow her example, and all these other really cool and inspired things.  We told her his words because we were translating…also nerve wracking!  You could almost see the Spirit in the room.  I don't even know how to describe it.  All I know is, its moments like that that makes everything we do here worth it.  

We had pretty much the best Sunday ever because not only did the Martinez family come to church (including the dad) but so did four other investigators!  We had 7 people at church which apparently is pretty rare! It was awesome, except one of the girls that came was a 14 year old who  needed entertainment like every second of church...ugg.  I have no idea how you put up with us Mom.  I'm definitely bringing her a snack bag with a coloring book next week!  

Four of our investigators are YW which is so fun!  We get to go with them to all of the activities.  Mom I wish I would've listened to you and paid more attention to the girls in YWs who didn't have many friends.   The girls are 13, 13, 14 and 15.  I remember how self conscious I was at that age.  If the girls in our ward would just be cool and talk to these new girls they could make such a difference.  I know they  would want to come so much more.  But now it's getting to a point where they just like coming because they get to hang out with us...that won't be very good in a few months.  But I do love being with them too!  I feel like I can relate to the YW so much better.  Other than that we have a lot of newer investigators who are progressing super awesomely!  I want to avoid the appearance of bragging…but this week we were among the mission leaders as far as our work stats go; contacts, discussion, etc!  That's crazy!  I'm getting so spoiled here I'm scared for transfers because I don't want to leave and I don't want Hermana Black to leave.

It's so SOOOO  HOT here!  It's usually about 95 and everyone says its gets a lot worse.  I'm scared but I guess I did ask for it!   We have practically no miles left on our car because it's the end of the month, so we will be using our bikes a lot for the next few days.  And we apparently live in the 2nd most ghetto apartments in the whole mission!...??

If I tried to write out all of the things that happened this week, this email would be way too long and I would have no time to write any individual letters.  But pretty much this area just exploded this week with so much AMAZING potential and so many prepared people.  The lord is blessing me out here so much I feel like I don't deserve this great of a mission. but I'll take it:)   The church is so true.  I literally watched lives and hearts change before my eyes this week.   I don't think anything or one could do that if they didn't have help from our Heavenly Father. 

Love Hermana bonny

No comments:

Post a Comment