Sister

Sister

Serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in the Texas, Fort Worth Mission

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

7/7/14 Week 17


This week was transfers!  Drum roll..........my new companion is.........still Sister Black!! Woot woot!  yayayay!!  I get to kill my mom! (don't worry it's just missionary language for " I'm the last companion my trainer will have").   So that was the excitement of this morning.  But then nothing changed so it wasn't really that exciting... but that's totally great with me!   Hna Black and I work soooo good together ...and it's a plus that she can handle my weirdness and not-showering...:) 



Anyways,  I can't really remember any of the specifics of this week other than that we found 2 awesome new families!  The moms are both named Suzy and they live in the same apt complex.  The Martinez family didn't get baptized this week, but they now have come to church the past 3 weeks in a row, they have all told us that they know this gospel is true, and they are living the commandment, but for some reason they just are afraid to get baptized.  But don't worry we will get them… more like the Lord will!

The 4th of July for us looked like it would be the most boring and un-special day ever.  But guess what?  We made it fun.  For all of you who are missionaries, you are probably very familiar with the part in the white hand book where it says "weekends and holidays are great times to find people at home. take advantage of this time" or something like that.  LIES!  We knocked on like 7 bazillion doors and everyone was either gone, or about to leave to some fiesta.   Exhausting and awful, and I think I started to melt.  But then that night, after planning, we got some chocolate milk, went out on our balcony (which is conveniently looking over the whole city of Fort Worth),  turned on our favorite country EFY songs and watched all the fireworks from the whole city!  There were like 6 different shows going on!  It was really memorable and I have no idea why because honestly the day was horrible!  I think it just goes to show that even when you literally have nothing but chocolate milk, music, and the spirit you can make anything fun:)

This is such a valuable thing I think I've learned out here so far, and I'm pretty sure all my fellow missionaries will agree with me.  I'm much stronger than I thought I was and I think my attitude has really changed.  No more Ms. Grumpy Pants when things don't go my way.  I know a mission really is the best thing I could be doing in my life because (among other things) I've learned who to rely on and what really matters:)

The church is true! 

Love Hermana bonny

No comments:

Post a Comment